Participants acknowledge that advanced skills, conditioning and experience are essential to safe completion of the race and that they are prepared. The Race Director reserves the right to remove a racer who is not deemed able to complete the course, who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Escort kayakers are optional for all swimmers, 10k/6k/3k and 1k swims will have support and kayak boats scattered throughout the course. Swimmers are welcome to provide their own or race organizers can arrange for a limited number of boats and/or volunteer kayakers for those who desire. Swimmers must swim on either the left or the right side of the kayak.
- We will be happy to assist in relays in securing an escort boat with skipper. We will also be happy to help anyone needing assistance in finding an escort kayaker. These escorts will be of limited supply so first come first served.
- Non wetsuit swimmers must submit witnessed proof of a continuous one (1) hour swim in water at or below 60 degrees Fahrenheit or have a 2000m/2200y swim time of less than 40 mins. A letter by the individual’s swim coach or open water training coordinator attesting to the competitor’s ability to complete a swim in these conditions will be accepted. *The race staff may make exceptions to allow some swimmers to compete without wetsuits. Exceptions will be granted only to individuals who have proven experience (satisfactory to the race staff) with swimming in cold water races (below 60 degrees) without a wetsuit. Wetsuit waiver requests must be submitted to the Race Director at least (14) fourteen days prior to the event.
- There will be separate awards for swimmers and relays using wetsuits as follows: Fastest man/woman, fastest Male relay, fastest female relay and fastest mixed relay. There will also be separate awards for the 1K event, including Fastest Boy/Girl Youth Swimmer
- There will be a maximum of 75 individual swimmers in the 10k/6k/3k events. To assure completion of the event, please submit your 2000m/2200yd time for review, (40 minutes or under for a 2k).